Hello and welcome.
Thank you for your interest in this blog site.
Please be sure to connect on social media:
- Vice Principal, West Ferris Intermediate & Secondary School (2019-)
- Vice Principal, Northern Secondary School, NNDSB (2017-18, 2018-19)
- Mentoring for All Initiative Team Member, NNDSB
- Vice Principal, Widdifield Secondary School, NNDSB (2015-16, 2016-17)
- ELL Deployment Team Member, NNDSB
- Teacher-in-Charge – Assumes all Vice Principal duties using a Restorative Justice approach.
- OSSLT Administrator – Ensured test procedures were followed for all writers and staff supervision readied.
- School Success Team – Planned and implemented PD activities for staff throughout the school year.
- Student Success Team– Worked with “at-risk” students to mitigate any problems to help in their success.
- Family of Schools Professional Development Co-Chair – Co-Chaired a team of Teachers from feeder schools to provide a full PD day for over 250 educators that aligned with board/school improvement plans.
- Safe School Committee Chair – Organized events with a team of colleagues; raised money for Kids Help Phone while allowing students to add their hand pledge to the wall in our common cafeteria using our school colours.
- School Technology Committee Chair– Communicated to administration on the needs/wants of technology from students/staff, provide some procurement of technology, liaison with board technology co-coordinator.
- School Website Administrator – Provided staff development on the use of school website, implementing efficient workflows and providing the means for students, staff, school council, and administration
- Board-Wide Resource Creator - Curriculum Development document on Cyberbullying & Digital Citizenship.
- Computer Competition Chair – Administrated and planned students writing computer competitions.
- Computer Lab Utilization Report and Analysis – Provided our administration with usage reports for computer labs within the school and the need for expansion and capital funding.
- Cross-Curricular PLC Team Leader – Descriptive Feedback using Technology in the 21st Century Classroom
- Created Student Technology Ambassador – Using student voice and SpeakUp grant funding to create a Technology & 21st Century Learning support group that is on-call for staff and fellow students.
- Eco-Schools Team - Organized events throughout the school year like Electronic Waste Drop-off and a Battery Recycling Program towards obtaining an Eco-School certification.
Myers-Briggs Profile - ENTJ
I've had an opportunity to go through a Myers-Briggs personality profile and the following was the result: ENTJ. This fits me quite a bit. I believe that within each of the parameters there is a variance to how strongly you fit, but generally speaking, I would agree with the result.